Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Harlan Coben Can Do No Wrong...


Okay, I finally took a break from writing and picked up a book. My sister-in-law had left a copy of Harlan Coben's last year's thriller, LONG LOST, knowing I was a HUGE (Yes, the caps mean I REALLY mean it) fan. I had read all his stuff thus far, and I can't count how many people I have suggested read his stuff. First off, this book was the latest installment of the Myron Bolitar series. The characters in this series cannot be touched. The dialogue is pure top-notch sarcasm, just the way I like it. The book was completed in a day. (I read pretty fast, I'll try not to strain a shoulder blade patting myself of the back.) The thing is about completing a Harlan Coben book is that you miss the characters when they are gone. It is damned fun being in their crazy world. Do yourself a HUGE (there, I go again!) favor and pick this book up. Hell, go back and start from the beginning. You will see that maybe his earlier work isn't as strong (and I find the non-Bolitar stories have better storylines), but you are drawn to reading them. And find yourself ignoring the chores you were supposed to do, because closing these books are too damned hard!

1 comment:

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Wish you all the very best. If you like traveling I invite you to visit my blog Travelling