Friday, April 24, 2009

Teen Pregnancy....

For the second straight year, teen pregnancy rates are on the rise. Okay, I just don;t get it. See, I went to a Catholic school, from 1st to 12th grade...we didn't discuss sex...ever. And the "birds and bees" talk just never came from my parents...maybe I was absent that day, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure a few people I knew were in the same boat. TV wasn't dripping with sexuality, now was music. Cable just started getting poplar, and their were a few VCR's...so our access to R movies was limited. Mature video games just didn't exist. So, my point here is, with so many blinders placed oer us, and our complete and utter ignorance on the subject, how come our teen pregnancy rate wasn't through the roof? No one I knew had a baby...no one. Never heard of anyone who did either. Now, I live in Queens, NY, not Lancaster, Pennsylvania, so I am just wondering with the plethora of education, and knowledge and first hand acquaintances that have to do with teenage pregnancy, why is the rate rising and not dropping?
I'll get back to this...i just wanted to get that off of my chest.

No comments: